Monday 28 February 2011

Dukan or Du-can't

So as I said I needed a complete free week to get myself back into the zone....it’s here it’s finally here.

Today I start the Dukan diet...seriously I'm collecting fad diet points :-) But whatev's....I'll try anything to lose the lard that isn’t tablet or knife based.

I can't be hopped to explain the whole diet here....but it’s basically high protein, low fat....easy as that.

Now...some will say...blah blah...don't give up carbs and I blah blah back. If you’ve lost 6 stone and conquered the crappy head stuff that goes with it then you can tell me what I should do but in the meantime....shhhh! (oooh very stroppy aren't I and NO its not carb withdrawal!!)

The first 6 days (Attack phase) are pure protein with low fat dairy allowed after than veggies are added in. It seems quite strict but you know I think I need it....too much choice an all that might not be great for me. The whole point of this plan is to lose weight and gradually add carbs back in after a sustained period of weight loss but without the Atkins style high fatness (who needs more high fatness....seriously!)

Well....I have to admit the thought of eating poultry, meat, fish and low fat dairy (i.e. cottage cheese and 0% fat yogurt) for a whole 6 days is a bit odd but I’ve read loads of testimonials, done a lot of research and it seems it’s not as odd as I fear....I shall report back and let you know.

Today’s consumption so far as been a 0% fat cherry yogurt for breakfast, 12000 teas/sugar free squash’s (that’s normal) and a chicken breast, baked with some herbs and a couple of fat prawns. Dinner is in the future and it will be late as I’m going to see KT Tunstall but I’m going to make something.......chickeny!!

Anyway...Dr Dukan advocates you weigh yourself everyday when you do the pure protein Attack phase so as this morning weight was so traumatic lets hope I’ve lost a stone by tomorrow!! :-)

Anyhooo....anon picklets xx

2 comments:

  1. id also go for that kind of diet,compared to one thats just a "modification" of what i usually eat,maybe some of the temptation goes away and i figure it takes more to give it up...
    also, du kan, means you can in norwegian,haha, ITS A SIGN:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du kan means you can in Norwegian.... That’s brilliant! Ha...a total sign! :-))

    I think I just need a stricter regime....I sort of feel abit out of control of it all so this diet might be the key.

    xx

    ReplyDelete