Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cruising down the road...so far!

After week 2 of the Dukan plan and the first of my ‘cruise’ weeks I lost the total of 1lb.

Some might be disappointed after the first weeks loss but not me...I thought 12lbs was a bit extreme but to lose another whole lb was ace news.

The food has been slightly more exciting with the addition on veggies....ah the welcome return of lettuce at lunchtime!!

You have to do a rotation of protein only days and protein and veg days....I decided, well made a mistake by having 3 protein and veg days in a row so I followed up with 3 protein only days....are you with me, have you dropped off....Zzzzz! J Anyway, I think I’m going to alternate them...that way the no veg thing doesn’t seem so long.

I’ve also seemingly got my act together with the gym thing. Went a couple of times last week to the sweat box and then went for a lovely trundle with a pal and the dogs...see photo. Investigating the undergrowth J

I have also made a momentous decision....I’ve started swimming. This might not be momentous to many but for me, HUGE! Well HUGE in the fact that I couldn’t bear the thought of my HUGE carcass in a swimming cossy....I mean really, THE HORROR.  Anyway...I got a grip and went last night. To my utter joy and relief is was completely fine, I actually enjoyed it....lost count of the lengths we did, stopped for a half time steam and sauna and back in for more lengths.

Today the muscle pain is OFF THE SCALE but like they say ‘no pain, no gain’ and in a slightly odd way it’s a pleasant feeling. A feeling I’ve actually done myself some good .....yeay me! J

I did do the inevitable Saturday night drinking at the annual hat party....this was my effort.



Buy hat - search around house - find feathers and corsages - attach to hat - massacre thumbs with pins - drink the pain away. The best is that the booze didn’t seem to affect this week’s loss...I know I can’t rely on this every week though.

Anyhoooo...all in all. This is the start of something I feel great about.


Anon for now pickles xx

3 comments:

  1. this keeps on looking great for you:) my bestfriend has also started swimming and she LOVES it,in spite of the fear that came creeping before she actually got in!
    im slaving at the gym like a maniac,several times a week and this saturday i managed to squeeze into a pair of hotpants from the inner regions of my pile of clothes :D
    now i feel inspired by you to try to eat more healthy!!! good luck this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the fear of swimming....the costume horror, the weird man in goggles who stays under the water for too long, the chlorine smell but it was all A ok. The fact I had a friend with me helped I think.

    I'm VERY impressed with the hot pants....check you out! :-))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Kate on you Attack weight loss, and your 1lb the first week! That's fantastic! Can't wait to hear how you are doing!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete